Hey, lazy heads.
I’m in a slump. A big ole slump. It feels like my days are going by too quickly and at the end of them I don’t have much to show for myself. It’s been pretty stressful for me, but I need to keep my energy up and positivity a-flowin’.
Now, I don’t have a lot of money to spend on mani-pedis, rounds of shots, movie tickets, spa days, and other super fun activities like that, so I’ve come up with a list of things that I can do at home, fo free, that will make me feel pretty darn good! I’m going to force myself to do all of them this week so I can keep my spirits up and stress levels low, and maybe you’ll want to join in on the list or make you own! Everyone needs one, tbh.
Victoria’s Chill The F*ck Out List
- Have a 30 minute dance party to Earth, Wind, and Fire to cleanse my soul
- Watch Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and pretend I’m also rich
- Put on one of those paper face masks and lay in a bubble bath up to my neck
- Read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck and practice not giving them
- Go to Target in my pajamas and buy something festive from the $1 section just cause’
- Scoot on one of those Bird scooters down the street and back
- Practice contouring because I’ve always wanted to know what my face would look like
- Do ‘Yoga with Adrienne’ in my living room to cleanse my soul again
- Come up with my own crock pot recipe to show the haters what’s up
- Choreograph a dance-based fitness routine so I can nail an interview and impress all of my friends
- Go to the dog park and make new dog friends
- Teach my dogs the trick where I “bang” and they fall down
- Take a nap to the fake sound of thunder on my noise machine
- Try peach schnapps because it sounds gross but maybe it’s good?
- Write down 10 things I like about myself and give myself a hug
- Give myself a manicure but pretend I’m the customer so maybe I’ll try harder to do a better job
- Watch Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown and feel all of the feels in pitch black darkness
- Eat a whole pint of Halo Top
- Watch that crazy Shane Dawson documentary on Jake Paul and question if my friends are also sociopaths
- Add to my list when I think of more good ideas
So, that’s what I’ll be working on this week! I hope this inspired you to make a list of your own and do something fun for yourself. Brainstorming and making these fun lists really does help me find different ways to relax and try something new. But now I’m too lazy to keep writing so I’m off to go take a bubble bath, slap on a face mask, and watch some RHWOBH at the same time because I’m freaking innovative 👊
Toodles and poodles!
Hi, lazy kids!
Today I want to share my new favorite slow cooker meal that I got from a blog called Well Plated. It’s a Mexican casserole made with wholesome ingredients like bell peppers, beans, quinoa, tomatoes, lean turkey, etc. and it will basically send your tastebuds on a warm journey to food heaven. It’s pretty damn good, and tis’ the season for bundling up and eating warm, delicious casserole. Right?
Anyways, slow cooker meals are perfect for lazy people like ourselves because all you have to do is:
- Chop up some ingredients (look out for your fingers)
- Dump everything into your slow cooker
- Add some spices and extra flavor goodies
- Wait for a few hours.
That’s literally it! Now you have a mouthwatering meal that can feed a family of five with room for seconds, or just yourself if you really love soup! So, get ready to trick everyone you know into thinking you worked really hard to make this casserole when we all know you just used a slow cooker.
This is the one I made.
This is from Well Plated, obviously much better looking than mine.
(UPDATE): I had to take down the original recipe because I’m no good at reading policies and legalities…but if you’re still interested in checking out the recipe click here to access the Well Plated page. I promise it’s worth peeking at!
If you’re looking for a slow cooker as well, I’ve listed a few options below. You can find most of these at Target and/or on Amazon!
Happy slow cooking!
Chest bumps and high fives,
Today I have a post for all of you lazy guys and gals out there that are interested in creating your own home gym and need a good place to start. As your Lazy Godmother, I’ve put together a list of five basic items that you can buy from Amazon to make it all yourself, and the best part is you don’t even need to leave the house (well, you might need to walk to the mailbox but that’s half the battle). So clear out a little corner in your living room because we are going shopping!
You’ll have a comfy space to do crunches in front of your TV in no time. Just be sure to pick the color you want! Get yours here for $11.99-$16.99.
Don’t resist getting these for yourself. See what I did there? They await you right here for $13.99.
It’s an exercise ball and a giant bouncy ball. What more do you need? Oooo, they come in pretty colors, too! Get it here for $19.95.
You’ll be swole and getting gains in no time with these puppies, bruh. #yeet? Get a pair of 8 pounders here for $24.99.
After using all of this equipment, your muscles will need a nice massage. Don’t starve them of their needs and get one already! $13.12.
And voila! There’s your starter home gym! Only five pieces for under $100 and you’ll still have some money leftover to buy that avocado slicer you’ve always wanted. Wasn’t that short and sweet?
All of these items are easy to use, effective, and will help you get your workout in comfortably and at a low cost. If any of you buy these items, be sure to leave a comment below and tell me about how you like them or leave questions so I can help you out. Now GET 👏TO 👏WORK 👏!
Peace sign and duck face,